This week I would like to recommend a pleasantly informative autobiographical manga that is the perfect read if you want to gain a new perspective on gender and gender transition, wrapped up in a sweet love story.
This is such a cute series!
To kick off Pride month I want to recommend one of my current favorite LGBTQ+ manga, She Loves to Cook and She Loves to Eat. It’s a wholesome, slow burn romance about the passion of food, in both preparing it and eating it, and how sharing a meal has the unique ability to bring us together.
A story of greed, political intrigue, and most of all, growth. I sobbed after finishing this book.
Mass Center for the Book 2023 Reading Challenge
How It Works
- Sign up at https://www.massbook.org/readingchallenge
- Choose a book that fits the monthly challenge
- After you read, fill out a short form to tell Mass Center for the Book all about it
- That's it!
- If you read at least one book, you will be invited to a year-end celebration hosted by Mass Center for the Book
- If you read a book in each of the 12 months, you will be entered in a drawing to win 1 of 2 totes filled with books and Massachusetts goodies
Check out our Bookshop.org list for book ideas
Follow lala's progress and track your own on StoryGraph